Thursday, March 5, 2015

Blind Wo'man'

The senses I think I used the most during this experience were my sense hearing and sense of touch. When I first put on the blindfold I reached straight for a wall so I would some idea where I was going. I also went by my partner’s voice I had to listen to him to know where I was going. He would tell me when we were coming towards stairs or telling me we were going on the elevator. When a trashcan came up he would tell me which area it was and use my hands and arms to feel around for it. I ran into a wall once and bumped my head it didn’t hurt that much though. This whole experience made me I feel like I was somewhat dreaming with my eyes shut. Yet I felt as though I opened my eyes for the first time because it was a new to me. I started to cheat a little by peaking through the blindfold but my partner stopped me but I cheated because I really missed my eyes. I guess this assignment made me realize I take my eyes for granted all the time.
Also I found it interesting having to trust someone you only know from class with your safety it shows there is some people out here willing to be a helping hand or voice.

(Paper for my inter-communications class at NOVA


John 9:6-7


When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay,
And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John%209

No comments:

Post a Comment